Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Tracks (3)

Another "Top Tracks" post. Hurray. *throws confetti unenthusiastically*




1. Shuggie - Foxygen
I think I listened to this song a whopping two times so obviously it's my number one song of the week. Thanks, Spotify. It's an interesting song but I can't really tell how I feel about this band yet. Very psychedelic, very hippy-dippy, something I haven't heard in a long time so I give them props for that. We'll see how I feel about this in a month. I think I might already be over it.

2. Rock Me - One Direction
Shut up. I can't help it.

3. The A Team - Ed Sheeran
I may or may not have just flown across the whole damn country to see one of his concerts because I'm clinically insane so Spotify is just reaffirming that. Cool.

4. Clique - Kanye West, Jay Z, Big Sean, etc.
I love this song except I'm really confused as to why I listened to the edited version. Edited versions of songs make me hate everything so Spotify is definitely lying about this.

5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) - Bob Dylan
My second favorite Bob Dylan song. Boots of Spanish Leather is my favorite...didn't you read that in one of my last posts? No? Yeah, figures.

6. Outro - Ed Sheeran, Yelawolf and 7. You Don't Know - for fuck's sake
The Slumdon Bridge EP isn't one of my favorites. I love the concept but something about it just doesn't work. As a massive Ed Sheeran fan and a massive rap/hip-hop fan it kills me to say this. I still listen to it though so maybe everything I just said is load of crap.

8. The Morning - Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz...everyone else on earth
This is my favorite song on G.O.O.D. Music, Cruel Summer, which, side-note, is really good despite everyone hating it. I'm not the only one that felt it was good, right?

9. Redford (for Yia-Yia and Pappou) - Sufjan Stevens
Ohhhh Sufjan. How you hit my soul right where it counts. Maybe not so much with your newer stuff but that damn Michigan album gets me every time. This song is basically the perfect song to make you cry, or as background music for a nature-themed powerpoint presentation.

10. Pyramids - Frank Ocean
Everything about this song is perfection. It tells a really interesting story and I don't find myself getting bored despite it being approximately 47 minutes long.


Well, there you have it. Bing, bang, boom. Blah blah music things. End of entry. Comment or subscribe or whatever the hell. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment