Saturday, January 19, 2013

Top Tracks

It's Saturday!!! You know what that means!!
...or, no, you don't.
I only just started this blog and we're already getting into "theme days". Infinite eye rolling, I know.
I just thought that there should be a day out of the week (you can bet money on the fact it won't be the same day every week) where I discuss my top tracks that I've been listening to. It helps you get to know me so I'm not just this random disembodied voice you stumbled across.
Conveniently, Spotify figures all of this top tracks business for me! Hurray! The less work I have to do, the better. Can somebody show me the algorithm they use to figure this out? I mean, I never listen to One Direction and for some reason they keep showing up on my top artists week after week. ....there must be something wrong with their computer system...
........
............
................
*shifty eyes*

Ok.
Here they are!
1. Cannonball - Damien Rice
This one is popping up for the sole purpose that I listened to it about eight million times last week since I'm trying to learn it on guitar...don't bother asking how it's going. It's one of my favorite folk/acoustic songs and the whole album in general is just tops. It's been my favorite for years and years.
2. Boy (Acoustic Version) - Nina Nesbitt
I heard about this girl a while ago and just never gave her a chance. After listening to a lot of her music, her songs for me are hit or miss but I'm really in love with this acoustic version of Boy. Worth a listen if you like people with awesome accents.
3. All My Life - Nizlopi
This song has been one of my favorites for years. That's why it's here. End of discussion.
4. Thrift Shop - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
This is one of those songs that I absolutely love but I'm terrified I'm going to get sick of it now that radio stations have caught on to it's brilliance. Fun song. Fun album. Dig it.
5. Boots of Spanish Leather - Bob Dylan
If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to pick a favorite song of all time (WHY would anyone do that) this would probably be it. It's perfect and I will never stop listening to it.
6. Professional Griefers - deadmau5 feat. Gerard Way
I could go on for days about how disappointed I was in deadmau5's new album but this is a gem within the I-don't-even-know-what. I mean, a lot of people might not like it since it's a bit more...Gerard Way-y...than anything else deadmau5 has done but I'm into it.
7. Pop That - French Montana feat. Rick Ross, Drake, Lil Wayne
Here's the point in my blogging where you realize I listen to a lot of really shitty music. This song is so terrible but so incredibly good. And no, I can't twerk...I've tried.
8. What You Need - The Weeknd
I can't express how much I love The Weeknd. Sooo... that's that.
9. Awkward - San Cisco
I thought I liked this song, but now I'm not so sure. It starts out kind of Strokes-y but then it switches to something that just doesn't sit well.
10. We'll Be Coming Back - Calvin Harris and Example
This song being on my most popular list is a result of being American and not getting to listen to any Example's music on Spotify. I really don't like this song but I love Example so there we go. Calvin Harris has just been disappointing lately but that's a discussion for another time.


I hope you enjoyed some insight into what I've (apparently) been listening to. I'm surprised with the amount of acoustic music but the weather has been bipolar and horrible lately. Um, ok? Care to explain that rationale, Carmen? Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment