Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top Tracks (2)

Here we are again. Discussing my "top tracks" from Spotify. What a great tradition we've created here.



Here they are.
Can I just say, the amount of times in my life I've had to Google "how to take a screenshot on a mac" is astounding.

1. Be the Song - Foy Vance
This song is gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. Back in my days of religiously watching Grey's Anatomy I first discovered Foy Vance. But, because I'm an idiot, I haven't listened to anything by him in the past couple years. I'm going to be seeing him (opening for Ed Sheeran) in February so I thought I'd give his music another whirl and boy, that was a good idea. The Melrose EP is so calming and soulful.

2. X-French Tee Shirt - Shudder to Think
Holy shit I about lost my mind when I rediscovered this song. I probably first heard this when I was seven years old and it all came flooding back to me when it was played on the radio last week. There's something about the dissonance in this song that I'm completely obsessed with. There's literally no possible way you can hear this chorus 400 times in a row and not rock the fuck out to it. Brilliant.

3. One Day / Reckoning Song -Asaf Avidan & the Mojos
I know nothing about this song, group, remix, anything. It's completely addicting though. This is one of those songs where you end up listening to it about ten billion times without any recollection of having it happen.

4. Miss Cigarette - Rizzle Kicks
Rizzle Kicks are of those groups that I just sit there listening to, obsessed with figuring out what the samples are that they use. Whosampled.com is probably my favorite website in existence. Am I the only one that can sit on there for hours clicking through samples further and further back down a deep dark spiral? Anyway, my millions of subscribers, I can't figure out the sample in Miss Cigarette so let's try solving this mystery. *crickets*

5. New Born - Muse
Origin of Symmetry is my favorite Muse album. This is my favorite song on Origin of Symmetry. So, here we are.

6. You Make Me Sick - P!nk
Hello childhood me. Do you still remember this? Yes? You do? Every lyric? Perfect.
Moment of silence for this P!nk that we all remember and miss....

7. C'mon C'mon - The Von Bondies
Another favorite middle school song. Apparently I was feeling nostalgic this week...(see numbers 9 and 10 for proof).

8. Swimming Pools (Drank) - Kendrick Lamar
THIS IS THE BEST HIP HOP ALBUM/SONG/EVERYTHING THAT HAS COME OUT IN YEARS. Sorry about the excessive CAPS but I feel very passionate about this. Everyone always gives modern hip-hop such a bad rap (pun completely intended) but all I would have to do is give them a copy of good kid, M.A.A.D. city and they would instantly retract that opinion. I've listened to this song hundreds of times since October and I'm not even slightly sick of it. In fact, my alter rap ego knows every word and has gotten pretty boss at performing it.

9. No Scrubs (With Rap) - TLC
Best song ever written in the history of music. *drops mic*

10. Ready or Not - The Fugees
I'm pretty confident that the last time I heard this song was in 1996 so I'm not sure how it made this list but I'm not complaining. I love a good Lauryn Hill moment. We can all agree The Score was a flawless album, right?


Speaking of Lauryn Hill and nostalgia I'm going to go listen to Doo Wop (That Thing) and dust off my Umbro shorts (I still remember the conversation..."but moooommm, Mel C wears them). Peace out home skizzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment