Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Carrie Bradshaw LOVES Spotify

I can't think of what to write about.

This always happens when I'm trying to follow through with some sort of continuous journal. At first I have this inspiration and feel like I'm freaking Carrie Bradshaw, clicking away at my laptop, sat at my desk next to an open window, feeding off the energy of the city below, dreaming of my next terrible innovative outfit choice. *yearning sigh* *eyelash flutter*
...then reality slaps me in the face and I'm screaming at my outdated computer, surrounded by piles of laundry and lying in bed full of crumbs from whatever meal I ate at some point in the possibly quite distant past trying to come up with something fairly interesting to write about.
And instead of internally narrating my life in a poetic way while meandering the streets of New York I just sort of mutter to myself in a psychotic way while trying to locate my car in a parking ramp.

Now we've established I'm not Carrie Bradshaw. Good. I'm glad we got that out of the way.
Moving on...

I can only think of one thing to talk about. I mean, at some point I made a list of potential topics when I was feeling inspired but my non-inspired self can't be bothered to find it.
So, Spotify it is.
I think I'm going to make a blog post (hah. no I won't.) about how I will literally do anything to get free music and I'll include Spotify in that, but right now I'm far too tired and I'm only going to say one or two things about it:

1) I'm convinced the piano and guitar riff at the beginning of the Spotify ads asking you to get "premium" is what is playing at the gates of hell.
I swear, every time I hear that **doo doodoo do doodoo do do doooooo* I lose a week off my life... which means I'll probably be dead by next week...which is fine because then I don't have to follow through with this blog anymore.

2) My home page just told me that Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson is "a top track among my friends". I have decided to get new friends.

Thanks Spotify.

2 comments:

  1. CARMEN!!! You started a blog! Yayyyyyyyy now please add a follow button in your side bar so I can be the first of your millions of eventual followers :)

    And we still need to set a Skype date. Just saying.

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a follow button? GAH. I'm still trying to figure this out.

      Delete