Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SHAZAM!

A couple months ago I finally got an iPhone. Praise the Lawwwwd. Honestly, one of my main objectives when getting my iPhone was so I could try out Shazam. The amount of times in my life where I have been like WHAT IS THAT SONG is absolutely ridiculous. Also, remember the thing where you Google random blerbs of lyrics that you sort of remember?..never worked.
WELL no more, my friends. This app has honestly changed my life. I'm now officially that psycho person holding their phone up in the Gap trying to figure out what the hell is playing. Or, while driving, which is always a super safe idea.

Whatever. I've found some pretty awesome things. Sharing time!

MaLLy & The Sundance Kid - Good One (feat. K.Raydio)

Holy shit. Within the first two seconds of hearing this I wanted to know what it was. I'm not sure if this guy has just snuck under the Minneapolis radar for a while or what's going on but I sure as hell have never heard of him. Amazing. Really amazing. This song needs radio play NOW. The rest of his album is equally as great from the little bit I've heard but this track is definitely my favorite so far. Hopefully we'll be hearing his name around a little more in the future.


James Blake - Retrograde

This is another song that hooked me in the first two seconds. Is he a producer or what's going on here? I can't really figure it out but I did end up listening to basically his whole catalog on Spotify and I'm hooked. That special part of my heart that is reserved for electronic-y jazz-y music is happy. His name has popped up in some of the music that I've listened to before but I can't find anything of his that sounds familiar? So maybe I'm hallucinating or mistaking him with James Blunt (I'm definitely not). Anyway, this is good. Listen.


Update: Figured it out. I've heard "The Wilhelm Scream" before but I think I just assumed it was Aaron Neville in outer space. Classic.

St. Vincent and David Byrne - Who

When I first heard about this collaboration I thought it was a joke. I mean, it kind of is. This is weird shit. St. Vincent's voice is the creepiest most awesome thing ever and coupled with David Byrne's... whatever...it's just...I have no idea. This will never get out of my head though. That's what makes it successful, right? Example: It's A Small World




So I'm not really sure what direction this post went in, or what the point of it was originally? Oh yeah, Shazam. Cool. Get that app. It's free. Isn't it? I hope I'm not paying for this or I'm back to Googling lyric blerbs.





No comments:

Post a Comment