Monday, February 4, 2013

Give It a Listen: Robert DeLong


At first I was like "oh, this sounds a lot like Matt and Kim/The Postal Service/Arctic Monkeys sans accent/Broken Bells/Modest Mouse/other things" then it got super percussive and I was sold. I'm really looking forward to a new face in EDM.
And you know how a lot of EPs/pre-releases have a "club remix" and they're typically total shite? This one isn't. I like the edit of Global Concepts a lot. I feel like this guy is going to have a pretty easy time appealing to both indie-rock and EDM fans since his music is a pretty even fusion of the two.

You can give the full album a listen for a limited time at Billboard. Link!

Sidenote: In addition to the praise, I want to mention that if it was just him and the instrumental layering wasn't as interesting or complex, I would probably get sick of his voice. It's a little harsh...but I feel the same about Ben Gibbard so, to each his own.


No comments:

Post a Comment